Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

sarahbauck
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

screen probs

i have a 9320, not that old really and this morning the screen refused to come on...everything works fine apart from that,,help please?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: screen probs

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If that fails to help, then it's possible that your BB has experienced a hardware failure...but internet-distance diagnostics and OS/software level fixes are not very useful for hardware issues. Rather, you'd want to find a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician, and seek a proper evaluation and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
sarahbauck
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

done all of that and still the screen wont come on, ive even typed in my husbands number and its rung him and it was fine when he rang me but the screen just isnt having any of it..could it be the back light? if so how much does this usually cost to fix
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

It could be any number of things...but, as I said earlier, internet-distance diagnosis is useless for hardware issues. And there is no "usual cost" for anything...each market has it's own pricing structures, and the cost of course will depend on what the issue really is, which can only be diagnosed by a qualified technician with the device in their hands.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
lewischai
My Device: curve 9360

I am using curve 9360, recently there are some balck dots and lines appers on my screen and dont go away. i start using it for 1 and half year already, is it still under warranty?

Shelllogan
My Device: Blackberry9320

Hi.exactly the same has happened to my daughters phone today,please let me know if you Suss it out
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

lewischai wrote:

I am using curve 9360, recently there are some balck dots and lines appers on my screen and dont go away. i start using it for 1 and half year already, is it still under warranty?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Not being party to your contract for purchase, no one here can tell you that answer. BlackBerry provides, as serviced by others, a 1-year warranty...but that can be altered at time of purchase. So your original purchase contract is what will determine if this is still under warranty for you. If you are unsure what your documentation states, then you may need to ask your original place of purchase if they can help you find those important records.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates