Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
joshym99
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco

scroller broken help!

my scrolller was working fine for about a month, after that it ocassionally started to stop working however i just rebooted it and it was fine, now my scroller has stopped working completly i cannot select anything or move the scroller when i reboot the scroller it does not work i have tried leaving the battery out for 5-10 mins but it doesnt change anything please help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: scroller broken help!

Hi joshym99

Welcome to the Community

Have you recently Added or Installed any application on your BlackBerry device before this problem arise.Have you tried Updating your Device Software recently.How old is your device.

Let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshym99

i have installed facebook and a color id application and i think that may have triggered it however i cannot delet it because i cannot select it, i do not know how to update my device software...and my device is around 1-2 months old.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi joshym99

I don't think Facebook has any problem But I prefer remove that colour ID application.But before uninstalling any application I would like you to do a battery pull restart like While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot. If after performing this problem persist try to uninstall that Colour ID app.

To remove an application from your device try this :

Go to Options > Device >Application Management, or using Universial Search type Application Management select Options > Application Management and highlight the application, press the Menu key and select delete .

After deleting Perform a battery Pull Restart as said above.

See if trackpad works,and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshym99

i have removed the color id app but the scroller still will not work i have rebooted 3 times now and nothing seems to have changed any further options?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi joshym99

Well as your device is just 1or 2 month old its odd ! I can suggest you two Things : Try to to upgrade or Reload your Device Software have a look :

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software fo...

All you need is a PC or Laptop with Internet connection and an USB cable. Secondly if even after reloading or upgrading your device software trackpad don't work then the Option left is Replacement as you said its a NEW DEVICE only 2 months old.

So try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
louisa123
My Carrier: t-mobile

this has happened to my scroller and it unablkes me to read messaages! it is very annoying and have tried everything it worked when i left ot turned off overnight but now iscompletley broken, if you find out how to fix it plaese get basck to me as soon as possible.

Thanks x

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello louisa123

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Please try those suggestion given above like a battery pull  or if you had installed any applications and let us know how it goes.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshym99

thanks, i just got a new scroller this worked fine!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi joshym99

Good to know that your problem resolves with new Trackball .

Prince

Please use plain text.