Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
eldridgeza
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: 1

security

I've lost(stolen) two phn in two mnths, which made me realize that I shud beef up da security on ma phn....nd nevr delay taking out insurance.
Wot I wana no is can I put a password on da SECURITY WIPE nd hide it?
BB protect can be set not to allow the phn to be tracked, without a password. Can I change that?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated ..... Thank you in adv
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: security

Hi eldridgeza

You can put a password on your device.So that no one can access your device and will wipe the phone if incorrect or wrong passwords were using for more than 10 times ( by default ). Please refer to this Article it might help on what to do if your device stolen or lost.

Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

KB00588 : Password Security For the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eldridgeza

Thank. U for the reply prince

If u put a security code on the phn no one can access the phone, which means, the phn can not go online again, which means u can not trace the phn......
The question....can I prevent some from wiping the phn , is there an app to lock the options

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

eldridgeza wrote:

If u put a security code on the phn no one can access the phone, which means, the phn can not go online again, which means u can not trace the phn......

Hi eldridgeza

If you put a security code or a password then no one can access your device data and if someone try to enter wrong password then it will wipe the whole device as for security reason ,So in that case you can be sure that if your device got stolen then atleast no one can access your valuable data it will wipe itself up.( If he enter wrong password ) 

eldridgeza wrote:

The question....can I prevent some from wiping the phn , is there an app to lock the options

eldridgeza

As I said if someone enter wrong password then it will wipe your deviceso answer is NO , There are some Lock application available on app world but will not perform the function that you desire, it will lock the display screen from any unwanted key press.

In addition it is our Carrier who are able to Block or Blacklist the device if it got stolen ( Not all Carrier are capable of this ) So if your Carrier are able to do this then that's the best Options ( I am not 100 % sure but have heard if you do an insurance of your phone and if it got stolen then those Insurance Company approach the Carrier and try  to Block or Blacklist that device ) .So all Options starts and ends with our Carrier .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eldridgeza

So wot ur r saying that BB protect is useless.... If ur phn is stolen ( the first thing a thief wil do is remove ur sim)
If I'm correct BB protect trace ur BB pin nd not ur nr nd if some1 removes the trace function its useless......

Wot I want to do is to trace my phn when its lost/stolen.... Is ther a way I cn do that
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi eldridgeza

No BlackBerry Protect is not just for tracing our device but it is very helpful in backup and restoring our device data  over the air , And yes if someone removes the sim or wipe our device BlackBerry Protect cannot locate that device.

All Blocking and Blacklisting of our device depends on our CARRIER  if they are capable of that.So if your device got stolen the best option to block your device is to contact your Carrier . 

Please use plain text.