Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
lambofGod3
My Device: Not Specified

sending picture mail to another phone.

how do you send picture mail from my 8330 to any other mobile phone?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: sending picture mail to another phone.

Take a picture with the camera. As you view the picture preview, sSelect the icon that looks like an envelope. Select the method you want to use to send (Email, MMS, or BB Messanger). Compose your message and send.

If you took the picture some time ago, go to the Media icon and select My Pictures. Highlight or select the picture you want to send. Display the menu and choose Send As Email/MMS/Messanger. Compose your message and send.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Another note is if you are using the phone on Sprint or Alltel then MMS messaging isn't available at this time.
Please use plain text.
gomarsh

UGGGGH I am so frustrated with my pearl. No pic messaging....... Has anyone ever tried taking their phone make to their provider? I haven't sent in my rebate yet.... Can not believe a smart phone can not send pic messaging.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

gomarsh wrote:
UGGGGH I am so frustrated with my pearl. No pic messaging....... Has anyone ever tried taking their phone make to their provider? I haven't sent in my rebate yet.... Can not believe a smart phone can not send pic messaging.

Huh??? My T-Mobile Pearl has been sending picture messages for a long time. What makes you think you can't do picture messaging?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

gomarsh wrote:

It isn't a limitation of the device itself, rather the network. Alltel and Sprint don't allow MMS messages on their network from BlackBerrys, but that doesn't mean BlackBerrys can't do it. All my BlackBerrys from T-Mobile can send MMS messages just fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DRPringle

I found a trick that will allow you to send pics using the Blackberry for Sprint.  If you take a pic and wish to send to another phone, you will have to send as an email, as you don't have the option to send MMS.  However, you can simply choose send as an email and in the 'To' line for the address, you will have to put the full address for the phone's multimedia address.  For example, if sending to another Sprint phone, simply enter the number followed by @pm.sprint.com ----->  5551239876@pm.sprint.com

If sending to a Verizon phone, use @vzwpix.com ----->  5551239876@vzwpix.com

If sending to a T-Mobile phone, use @tmomail.com -----> 5551239876@tmomail.com

You can find the other MMS addresses online (just Google it).

The other person should receive the message with the picture attached.  The only limitation may be on the size of the pic.  Hope this was helpful.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cathybesosillie

Re: Re: sending picture mail to another phone.

U can type the full phone number with area code then @pm.sprint.com or @vzwpix.com for verizon or @tmomail.com for tmobile
Please use plain text.