Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

setup emails through web?UNlockin?choose default browser for diff sits?delete BB's OWN browser?

setup emails through web?UNlockin?choose default browser for diff sits?delete BB's OWN browser?
I have four-parter:
1) is there any way i can setup manage my email accounts through on the web because my blackberry phone is not letting me? (besides/b4 contacting my service provider--that is)
2) how do i UNlock my Curve 8900 T-Mobile? do i contact BlackBerry? or T-Mobile? and can u give me the ways to contact the responsibled party(ies)???
3) is there any way i can set up whenever i click any link in google search (via google apps suite (search, maps, gmail,etc) ) OR click any link in my different various email accounts i've set up (any other situations i missed???), that it opens in a preferred/default browser??? i prefer Opera Mini (though i also use boltbrowser.com). (Though I think you can't delete BlackBerry's OWN browser, because I think this is needed to INSTALL new/update apps--am I right, on this part??? Though if anyone can ALSO install/update apps withOUT BB's OWN browser, then of course, I might consider DELETING BB's OWN browser and go with Opera Mini FOR EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING)
4) PRIVACY re MY PROFILE page: what i saw on it(see exhibit attached below)...is this # total page views, that i myself read 250 different threads? or is it more like 250 diff people visited my profile page/hits??? (just curious):

Statistics Total Page Views 250
Total Page Views250

Contributor

Re: setup emails through web?UNlockin?choose default browser for diff sits?delete BB's OWN browser?

in posting in forums, what 's the existence of the HTML TAB avail to us,  (is) for? how can it serve us?

thanks

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: setup emails through web?UNlockin?choose default browser for diff sits?delete BB's OWN browser?

Let me attempt to decipher this. Your post is pretty hard to understand, could be a simple language barrier. I don't know what your "web?UNlock in?" means, what is that?

1. Not sure what you mean.. "manage my email accounts".. What is it you want to do?

2. Tmobile will give current Tmobile customers an unlock code for a device purchased through them, IF your account is in good standing and you have been a customer for 90 days. Call them and ask for the unlock code.

If they can't or won't, purchase the code from an unlocking vendor. I recommend Horizon Wireless as they are reputable and easy to deal with and quick.

3. You can remove the native browser, but you don't want to. Certain functions (application upgrades, etc.) require the native browser.

4. You''ve viewed 250 pages on this website.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

1) IIRC, T-Mobile allows 10 email accounts. I am nowhere near this. So I wanted to add 1 more but in trying to add this 4th webmail account (yahoo, gmail, and the likes), I got message contast the service provider! But because I wanted to use this 4th acct for sweepstakes whatnots--so there's the deadline urgency factor for me. This is why I'm curious if any way (maybe for my future ref), to add this 4th acct through the web. It's as simple as that!

(In interest of packing in as many of my issues as possible--so yall know what's ahead to deal with--i don't follow proper grammar, spellings, punctuations, and capitalizations,etc--and 'truncatin' sometime,etc. SO plz forgive--and i'm not sitting in a classroom so i don't have to be concerned about getting good grade :smileywink:  )

2) do u work for horizon? just curious--either way, i'm still grateful for ur help

is it easy to unlock T-Mobile's BB's? is it fubar-free?????

3) that's what i thought--so i'll just/still keep BB's OWN browser

4) i kow i've nowhere read 250 threads--unless i was websurfing-sleepwalking or some jack hijacked my account or something like that :smileywink:

there are times and particular info that are displayed on one's supportforums.blackberry.com PROFILE page that i think are going beyond 'just too much' category--yall have no need to know basis--that's all, knowatimean

Contributor

#3) just remember: even after keeping BB's native browser, can i do the 2 things i asked:

1) clicl a link in Google Search (App)

2) click a link in my email

so these 2 ctions open up in Opera Mini or some alternative browser but preferred browser choice--instead of BB's native

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

sweepsnregs wrote:

#3) just remember: even after keeping BB's native browser, can i do the 2 things i asked:

1) clicl a link in Google Search (App)

2) click a link in my email

so these 2 ctions open up in Opera Mini or some alternative browser but preferred browser choice--instead of BB's native

I am not in a classroom so I do not have to remember what my teacher tells me. This is attitude is really irrespectful for the people trying to help you... on their leisure time !

Writing proper english language is a matter of being polite, and since you are asking for people to help you, you may want to make them want to help you.

That being said, what you are asking for does not depend on the OS, but on the application itself. For example, in the upcoming "Twitter for BlackBerry" application developped by RIM, indeed clicking on a link will prompt for two browsers : either the native browser, or Opera Mini.

If you want that feature in an application developped by Google, there is some kind of poll to guide Google developers to add specific features to their mobile applications :http://productideas.appspot.com/

Finally, I would like to emphase that the native browser is not an application that you can uninstall. It is part of the OS and cannot be removed (as opposed to some addons like BlackBerry Maps or MemoPad).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

sweepsnregs wrote:

(In interest of packing in as many of my issues as possible--so yall know what's ahead to deal with--i don't follow proper grammar, spellings, punctuations, and capitalizations,etc--and 'truncatin' sometime,etc. SO plz forgive--and i'm not sitting in a classroom so i don't have to be concerned about getting good grade :smileywink:  )

But you want "good" help and assistance? Then please communicate clearly. I would completely understand if there were a language barrier here -- I often help and assist users from across the plant and do the best possible to understand needs written by someone in fledgling english. They're trying. You're not. Your issue is not a language barrier, but rather your attitude barrier.

sweepsnregs wrote:

2) do u work for horizon? just curious--either way, i'm still grateful for ur help

is it easy to unlock T-Mobile's BB's? is it fubar-free?????

No, I don't work for Horizon. I do know them, i've used them, and there are SO many unscrupulous unlocking vendors (eBay, etc.) I offer you the advice of someone who's seen many people cheated out of money for some fake or unusable unlock code.

Seems your other questions were answered by Xandrex.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

JSanders wrote:

I often help and assist users from across the plant

(...)

I offer you the advice of someone who's seen many people cheated out of money for some fake or unusable unlock code.

Hey Joey, are you thinking you are Jayce and the Whelled Warriors fighting Sawboss and the Monster minds ? :smileyvery-happy:

@ sweepsnregs : I advise you to not trust a madcow talking about plant, nor a Dinosaur talking about a Horton opera. You deserve a tuxedo suited RIM employee. Who can read minds.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Xandrex wrote:

Hey Joey, are you thinking you are Jayce and the Whelled Warriors fighting Sawboss and the Monster minds ? :smileyvery-happy:

I should take immediate offense, but I think you might be on to something there.

Knowledge Base Updates