Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

# sign

What am I missing?  When I am checking my voice mail box I have to push my code and then the pound sign.  I can't get the BB to type anything but the Q.  I've tried 4 or 5 times, definitely holding down the alt key.  I've even tried it with the shift key.

What am I doing wrong?  What key combo do I need to type the #in a number field?

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: # sign

graygrannyonate wrote:

What am I missing?  When I am checking my voice mail box I have to push my code and then the pound sign.  I can't get the BB to type anything but the Q.  I've tried 4 or 5 times, definitely holding down the alt key.  I've even tried it with the shift key.

What am I doing wrong?  What key combo do I need to type the #in a number field?

Press the "alt" key, then the Q button.  That will give you the # sign.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Just press it, dont hold it down.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi GrayGranny,

Do you know you can setup voicemail and not have to dial?

Go to your call log, hit menu and select options, select voicemail, you can enter your VM number and also the password with the pound sign.

You can then call voice mail by simply pressing the 1key and holding it. Your phone will automatically dial your voice mail and enter your password.

:smileyhappy:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks!  It was in a designated numeric field so I didn't have to hold down the alt.  Didn't realize that because the key is black as opposed to half gray and half black.  Still learning those goofy little shortcuts.
Contributor

Thanks, I would like to know more stuff like this.  Do I need to add anything for pauses or anything like that.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

If you have a buisness VM check out the options under CALL LOG - OPTIONS - Smart dialing!~!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter