Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
MDawood
My Device: BOLD 9700

Re: sms issue

STRANGE....ENOUGH.....RIM IS NOT ISSUING ANY PATCH FOR THIS KNOWN ISSUE..? I HOPE THEY WILL DO IT SOONER THAN LATER  ALT+S IS ANOTHER SOLUTION TRY IT....:smileyhappy:

MDawood
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
liquidsnake
My Device: 8900

Hey Guys,

I have experienced the same issue. Alt + S works to display who is acutally sending us the messages (which helps tromendously). However, it remains a pain to reply to the messages. Does anyone know to fix the issue altogether?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
liquidsnake

Hey,

how exactly did you replace the text? could you please elaborate?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MDawood
My Device: BOLD 9700

Re: SMS issue

Frankly what I am doing is simple just deleting existing incoming SMS before texting a new one this is the only remedy I found.Otherwise; its a real pain to manage SMS I agree..:smileyvery-happy:

MDawood
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HMarhoon
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: SMS issu

Dear colleagues, You can replace the file from: My computer > Drive C > program files > common files > research in motion > Shared > loader files > 8900m > java Replace the file and re install device os.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
liquidsnake

Re: SMS issu

Hi,

I was trying to follow your directions but once I got to the research in motion folder, there was no folder labeled "shared", "launcher", "8900" etc.

Can you please advice?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fratts
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

[ Edited ]

HMarhoon wrote:

Thanks for god

I solve the issue by replacing "net_rim_bb_sms_compose" from earlir os.

Thanks JSanders

I aplogize for the Noob question, but I am experiencing the exact same problem with OS 419 on my BB Tour.  I have no idea how to replace this file, can someone please provide me with instructions as to how this is done. 

Edited to remove personal info

Please use plain text.
michelleodette
My Device: curve 8520

I need help I been trying to block a specific caller to keep calling and sneding txt , sms,

please help me, i need this asap

thanks

Please use plain text.
kabster
My Device: 9700

Hey guys,

I am using Blackberry 9700 with the latest update. I don't know whether you guys have also noticed, but on my phone, when I recieve more than 10 SMS messages from a single sender the phone refuses to open the thread of messages. The only way around is to end the conversation and ask the sender to re-send his/her last message again.

If any of you have had this problem and found a way around it please let me know.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
larroyo003
My Device: curve 8900

does anyone know about CRUNCHSMS aplication?¿?do you know if it is completly free?or do I have to pay for each sms?

Please use plain text.