Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
calderwood
My Device: Curve on T-Mobile

sms text alert errors with message 700

The problem with my T-Mobile BB - I get about 600 sms alerts each day telling me I've got an email. Spent three days on the phone with tech support - nothing. The message is from #700 and alerts me that I have an email message - comes 6 minutes after the email.

According to TM support, the problem is caused by the Blackberry mail servers. Basically all email that comes to your BB is controlled by the BB mail servers.

How do I fix this problem? Get rid of mu useless BB and get a real smart phone?

New Contributor
Toonz
My Device: Not Specified

Re: sms text alert errors with message 700

I spoke with BLACKBERRY (RIM Support) tonight and brought the issue up regarding the SMS messages from "700" because I was having the same issue and it is not on there end..The lady I was speaking with told me that they have no control over SMS issues, that's strictly the mobile carrier.. She said if they were email based as far as receiving a delivery conformation "email" they would be able to look into it. I have T-MOBILE and it seems everyone that is having this issue is with T-Mo. RIM Support did me the favor of calling T-Mo for me with me on the line as well and explained that it was not a RIM issue and the T-MO C/S person checked there codes and said they never send conformation text's and nothing with "700" she said that it is more then likely a spammer doing this, she asked me if i ever replied and asked them to STOP SENDING THESE MESSAGES and I told her that I did that once or twice but get no reply. The part I thought was weird was that she said there were 2 diffrent company names "like possibly  spammer sites" that were connected to my notifications, she asked me if I knew what the names were and I told her I never heard of any of them and she said that she was going to put a block on them..I sent 3 test e-mails from my GMail account and my pop3 accounts and I didn't recieve any 700 SMS's anymore after she made the chages..I have my fingers crossed that the issue is solved on my end..I just wonder why it seems to be only T-MOBILE customers and how could these "spammers" as she so called them have other T-Mo peoples info..Well I hope this helps some people in need of help with the issue..

New Contributor
fido007
My Device: 9700 Bold

Re: sms text alert errors with message 700

Ive got error in my alerts that i am not able to change or set my Alerts.

Got any idea on what exactly is the error :smileyfrustrated:

Fido