Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
carolhochu
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

software update problems

I got a message on my BB Curve 9360 this morning to implement a software update, which I did.  Screen appears to be frozen, stuck on social feeds (0%) and overall backup progress is 5%.  I decided to bail, took out the battery and replaced but it takes me to the same place.  How do I forgo the software update as my BB is currently rendered useless!!! HELP!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: software update problems

:smileysad:

You'll have to updae the software using the desktop manager.  Start here:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/installpc.jsp

If you get stuck then try this:

force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Sorry the update did this to you.

It actually sorted itself out, I guess I did not give it enough time to finish the update.  I plugged it in and left it all night and the software update was complete in the morning.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Please use plain text.
kwesty
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

How long did yours take in total to sort itself out, mines dooing exactly the same and scared im going to lose files on my phone 

K

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolhochu

Plug in overnight and let it do it's thing, software update should be complete by morning.
Please use plain text.
naji83
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi Guys,

I had the exact same issue with Bold 9790 and I figured out how to escape  If you are stuck on the upgrade "whatever the percentage is !!" it's all caused by social feeds backup.

All what you need to do is to kill the process. but do not do it by a battery pull-out because it's gonna boot up again and start the process all over again.

Just restart the device using the combination of (Alt+RightShift+Delete) buttons on your keyboard that will reboot the device.

A Prompt for a roll back will appear during the start-up. Do not miss it as it's gonna show up only for 10 seconds. press any key on the keyboard to proceed with rolling back.

Give it sometime to respond as it may look like it's stuck at the beginning.

Now you can use Desktop Software to upgrade your device software. Just exclude social feeds from the backup/restore operation otherwise it's gonna hang.

Please use plain text.