Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Sisi
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

software update

I tried updating my software and it just froze during the process at 13%. i tried taking out the battery and putting it back in  back but it just restart the update. What can i do to fix this or to at least speed up the update. my battery is currently out my  phone:smileysad:

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: software update

Can you tell us how you were doing the update? Was it connected to the computer or was it doing the update wirelessly? Was the update stuck on the backup? Please tell us exactly what has happened and what is happening.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Sisi

i was doing the update wireless and yes it is stuck on the back up. (Social Feeds 0%, Overall Backup Progress 13%)

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Most likely you'll need to just let it go. It can take quite a while sometimes when doing OTA updates. In the future, it's best to do the updates while connected to the computer.

Put the battery back in, plug it into a charger and just let it go.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Sisi

:smileysad: Ok thanks much

Contributor
Sisi

Would this swell my battery because my phone is HOT?

Guru I
John_Clark

I'll just tell you that it can take several hours when it gets hung up on that social feeds database. I don't know why but most of the time the update finally goes through. If it hasn't finished by tomorrow then we may need to wipe the device and reload the OS. The downside of that alternative is you will lose your data unless you have been making backups either with Desktop Manager or BB Protect. We want to leave that for a last resort.
Guru I
John_Clark

It shouldn't swell the battery but they will get hot sometimes.
Contributor
Sisi

Ok thanks, I'd update u on what takes place

Contributor
Sisi

Hey, I got through. It did a while but its back. Thanks :smileyhappy: