Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
stacy708
My Device: Not Specified

software upgrade

I was having issues with my curve, the hourglass would not go away as if it were loading something when there was nothing to load and i was not getting any of my email messages. I called T-mobile earlier today and they suggested I update on my software which they were right I needed to do.

I went through the whole process of downloading it on my cputer and then connected my blackberry and installing it. I made sure to click the box that said to backup and store all of my data so that it would put it all back on once it was done updating. It went through and removed everythign and updated and the very alst step which was so put everything back on had an error. it told me it could not complete the process. 

I'm assuming I now have NO software on my phone because there is nothing showing up except a white screen with a picture in the middle with looks like a square application box and it has 3 small shapes in it with a circle and a line through the whole thing (error) and underneath it says "561". when i plug it in to my desktop manager it doesnt recognize it and does not connect to it.

I really need help figuring this out , i'm traveling away from home right now and I have no other phone to use and no idea if there is a tmobile anywhere near me.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: software upgrade

Hi, this is link you need.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02792&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Basically you need to reload the OS to the device again. Unless you had backed up your data before that failed procedure

your data is gone. Sorry.

Here is the correct procedure to load the device OS. See TANZIM'S POST:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&thread.id=3209

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stacy708

my desktop manager will not recognize my phone when it is connected through the USB, so i can't reload the OS.

T-mobile has no diea how to help me and just ended up telling me my phone was fried but I dont believe them and don't want a replacement because I know that they will just send me a refurbished phone with even more problems down the line.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Sorry to hear that happened, but I think this procedure will work for you: DFISHER'S JAL_CMDER:

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

Follow the procedure, it may take 1-15 tries to get the device recognized, If it doesn't recognize the BB,

There is a backup procedure to follow.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stacy708

ok this finally worked after a few tries! BUT, now my keyboard is all messed up. the W/1 key just goes automatically sometimes and doesnt stop. sometimes when I hit the H key it dials W/1 and the list goes on. any ideas what is wrong with it? I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet so I really can't figure it out!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

You can try a classic battery pull. With the phone on remove the battery for 30 seconds. Replace and allow the phone 1-3 minutes to reboot and try again. I am sending you a PM about this.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
logueftbll55

I've done all the steps mentioned exactly. I've reinstalled the Desktop and Device software, and the apploader said it installed the software successfully. Now the blackberry is just showing the hourglass.  Should i pull the battery out and put it back in?
Please use plain text.