Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
rajam
My Device: Blackberry 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

stolen 8520 :(

Hi Friends -

My son lost his BB 8520.

Obviously the SIM has been removed so it can't be contacted through bbprotect. Question - if the thief tries to re-register this device, will he succeed or will it show that the PIN is already registered to a different e-mail id?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: stolen 8520 :(

[ Edited ]

Hello rajam

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

He may be if he perform a device wipe , So first thing you should try is to Contact your Carrier ( Vodafone ) to know if they can Block or Blacklist that device PIN and IMEI , so that the device became useless, also read this article  

Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajam

Well - thanks! Knowing how service providers work, I doubt if a "block" would really be effective. And in any case, it could be re-registered with a different service provider.

My question was more to do with whether if same device can be re-registered with different email id if I don't release the association of the stolen device with the email id provided.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

rajam wrote:

Well - thanks! Knowing how service providers work, I doubt if a "block" would really be effective. And in any case, it could be re-registered with a different service provider.

Hello rajam

You have to Contact your Carrier first , if they were able to Block or Blacklist that device PIN and IMEI numbers , then that particular device can't be re-registered with any other Service Provider.that's for sure.

rajam wrote:

My question was more to do with whether if same device can be re-registered with different email id if I don't release the association of the stolen device with the email id provided.

If you're unable to Block that device then Yes he can ! As I said earlier , if he perform a Serurity Wipe and reset it to factory Setting then he will be able to associate another email id with that device.

So all you need to do now is to Contact your Carrier or Service provider ti know if they can Block or Blacklist that device PIN and IMEI no. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajam

Thanks for your replies. Maybe asking too much of a free software, but BB could do this as additional security - do not allow another registration if one is available. Or, visit the service stn for a reset..
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello rajam

I can understand your problem but throughout this world BlackBerry has appointed those Carriers or Service provider to provide all support needed for there customers, BlackBerry PIN are unique each device have there own PIN and IMEI numbers which cannot be modified or changed .Once your Carrier block a device then that particular device cannot use any of those BlackBerry services.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
david419
My Device: curve 2 8520
My Carrier: bb

Please i kindly forgot my BLACKBERRY ID I associated with my bb..what can i do
alade
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajam

Hi Alade,

Click on the BBM icon. Then righ-click on on the top where your name and possibly your image is showing. Go to 'view my profile' which displays your BB id. Or just ask one of your existing contacts what it is :smileyhappy:

Regds,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
david419
My Device: curve 2 8520
My Carrier: bb

Please help me i did not see the BBM icon
alade
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajam

Hmm - either it has been deleted as an application or it is hidden. Right click and 'show all icons'. If that does not show this up, you will need to re-install this from Application World.

Regds, 

Please use plain text.