Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
larrym

streaming am radio

Can one stream am radio from the am radios' website on the 8330?  If so how?  All I get is a Javascript error, even after Java has been downloaded and enabled.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: streaming am radio

first thing, Java and Javascript are two different thing. The first one is a programming language on which the OS of your Blackberry leans on. Javascript is a scripting language to make webpages more dynamic. On desktop browsers, there are also Java applet, but then again, it is not supported on Blackberries. I think the Blackberry Browser does not support streaming, which is what radio websites do. You can only download podcasts.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
larrym

Thanks for the info.  Is there a javascript I can download that allows streaming?  If not is any vendor working on it.  It seems the blackberry should support streaming. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

for streaming, there are three ways :
  • find a Browser for Blackberry that allows streaming. Opera Mini does not unfortunately.
  • find a Blackberry application that does just that. I don't know if there is
  • don't use streaming. Maybe you can use a program that will record the streaming and store it to a music file or video file,and then you just download it and view it (try blueapple.mobi for videos).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
bradcapo2

I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

[url=http://pret-auto.org][color=#FFFFFF][u]taux pret auto[/u][/color][/url][color=#FFFFFF] - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.[/color]

Please use plain text.