Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
carinewood
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

synchronize gmail calendar on new BB C 9320 via enhanced gmail for blackberry connection

I already have a desktop gmail calendar, but I have not been able to synchronize all the desktop entries after setting up the enhanced Gmail for BB. Only 3 entries I made on the desktop yesterday registerd on the BB. How to I sync all the entries on the BB or at least all the future ones? I have many future entries already but they were entered before I got the BB.

If you have a way of asking gmail instead, please let me know,

Thanks,

Carine

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: synchronize gmail calendar on new BB C 9320 via enhanced gmail for blackberry connection

Hi carinewood,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

When you say desktop calendar, are you referring to the Gmail webmail interface or do you have your email account and calendar setup in an email program such as Microsoft Outlook? Are all the calendar entries in your webmail calendar?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carinewood

Re: synchronize gmail calendar on new BB C 9320 via enhanced gmail for blackberry connection

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply and smart question. I have a gmail account and calendar on the desktop. On that calendar, my work schedule is automatically copied from another work application called Q-Genda which is updated by the department secretary. I add some other entries manually on it too.

Before the BB, I had a windows based outlook calendar on a PDA, but had an old version of PDA outlook I could not upgrade and I could not sync it with my newer computers, either home or work.  I gave up on Outlook for that reason, and also because there is the enhanced Gmail which supposedly should synchronise with the BB.

When I look on the desktop BB for synchronisation, the only calendar on offer is outlook. I don't have even have outlook on my home computer (windows 8 for my sins) I just want to sync with gmail. 

Reading othe blogs the old Gmail for BB seemed to do the trick, not sure the new one is as good. The old one is finished anyway. Please help, It would be fantastic if I could do this!

Many thanks,

Carine

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey carinewood,

In order to synchronize with a desktop calendar using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, the calendar data needs to be stored locally on the computer in a .pst file and be in a supported email client. The BlackBerry Desktop Software will not synchronize with a web based calendar. You can see the email programs supported for synchronization in this document under System Requirements > Desktop email programs. http://bbry.lv/PoxT4B

You can synchronize a Gmail webmail calendar wirelessly, however shared calendars will not synchronize. The following KB article should provide more information as well as a link to instructions to enable it. "What is calendar synchronization with Gmail?" http://bbry.lv/Hv63Rt

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carinewood

Hi Frankie,

Thank you very much, I will consult my local "Guru" ( I am not that good, even if this looks simple to you) and will get it done, that will be superb!

I am very very grateful,

I don't "do" facebook  otherwise I would have done a thumbs up for you.

Happy New year,

Carine

Please use plain text.