Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lizzyxazzy
My Device: curve 9320
Accepted Solution

think I've seriously damaged my BB curve9320! need help ASAP please : (

Could you possibly help me please?

I have got a blackberry 9320

My encryption settings and firewall settings are locked and have tried everything to unlock them 

And also my application managment will not let me reset my fire wall prompts ant keeps saying reset 

Default permissions no what to do? I havnt got my desktop disc either...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: think I've seriously damaged my BB curve9320! need help ASAP please : (

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I cannot tell you how you got into this situation, but what you describe sounds like an IT Policy restriction...please check here:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is an IT Policy and you are on corporate/BES, then you need to go talk to your BES admins...they are in control.

If you have an IT Policy but are not on BES, then you will need to perform some rather drastic measures to cleanse this...and you don't need your original disks...just a PC and internet access.

First, download and install to the PC the Desktop Software:

Now, conduct a good backup of your BB to your PC:

Now perform a ResetToFactory

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Now perform a restore of your BB from the backup you took to your PC...but be sure and NOT do a wholesale restore. Only restore those databases you need, and specifically avoid any that have to do with IT Policy:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Now you should be back in control over all of those settings.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
lizzyxazzy

I have got two there
BBFS1 [GTALKEU1S] (AES)
WLM 2.1 [WLMEU01] (AES)

Are they ment to be there??? Am on pay as u go on three network???
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

I assume you are talking about the first link to check for the IT Policy? After all, from your words, I've no way to know where "there" is that you've got "two" of...

Anyway, that screen should normally be empty if there is no IT Policy. Anything there could be (I do not know if it is 100%) an IT Policy, and that could be causing the restrictions you are seeing (as I described). But I have no way to know if your carrier places anything else onto that screen.

Since you marked the post 2 as the solution, I can assume you are all good to go now?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
lizzyxazzy

What I ment was i read the KB30076
What u sugested:

To check if an IT Policy is present on a BlackBerry smartphone, navigate to the following:

For BlackBerry 6 to BlackBerry 7.1:

From the Home Screen select Options, then Security > Security Status Information

If there is no Services header, there is no IT Policy assigned to the BlackBerry smartphone.

For BlackBerry Device Software 5.0:

From the Home Screen, select Options, then  Security Options > Information

Under the Services header, if No Services is displayed, there is no IT Policy assigned to the BlackBerry smartphone.  Often times when there is an IT Policy, Desktop will be listed.

And there was them two there.
Ill do what u sugessted now thankyou for ur help :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so my assumption was correct. Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates