Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: att

Re: trackpad

My trackpad froze again today.I tried the safe mode approach 3 times and the problem persists. I was playing the game Word Mole and the trackpad froze, if that helps.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It is sad that my prediction came true so quickly! In any event, what do you wish to do? You have some choices, and I will list them here in simple to complex order.

1. Seek formal support from your provider/original place of purchase...if you have warranty, then that's the simplest solution for you.
  2. Start removing apps in the hopes that something is the cause, and that removing it will cure the problem.
  3. Load your existing OS "bare bones", add apps slowly (perhaps a week between?) so as to try and narrow down the culprit
  4. Load other OS's, also "bare bones", in an attempt to narrow down if this is OS, add-on, or hardware caused

Let me know which path you'd prefer to follow, and I'll provide any instructions you might need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: att

My warranty expired as I have arefurbished BB. Let's start by removing apps,number2 on list

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Okie dokie. Then, this KB tells how to remove apps.

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Even if it prompts you to reboot, you should do another batt-pull reboot anyway just to be sure things are as "clean" as they can be. Also, there is no science to the order of what to remove...it's a guessing game. Further, you need to decide how long to wait before declaring "success". But, in general, with this method, you remove one thing and, if the behavior re-presents, you remove another.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: bb 8520
My Carrier: rogers

i had two bb8520 ande both trackpad wernt scrolling...i was about to toss them out..i bought a t5 screwdriver..opended the back and took out the trackpads..and reinserted them tightly..now both works like a charm instantly