Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
suze84
My Carrier: vodafone

transfering my blackberry I'd to new device

Hello I have the blackberry curve 9300 but tomorrow I am getting the blackberry curve 9320 and I was wanting to know how I can use the same blackberry id on my new device as I am wanting to keep my old apps and obviously my bbm contacts as well. I've been using my email address for years and therefore I aint wanting to change to another
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: transfering my blackberry I'd to new device

Simple process.

Download BlackBerry Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/desktop and install to your PC.

Connect the old device to the PC, open Desktop Software and run the Device Switch Wizard. Follow the prompts.

When you're done, you can simply use the BBID on your new device and everything should move over automatically.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]

Hi suze84,

Check the below KB article for transferring data to another smartphone -

• KB13428 Transfer backup files from one BlackBerry smartphone to another using the backup and restore tool
  • KB28543 Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Hey, Tanzim. The switch device wizard will do all of that. Also, it doesn't sound like they're going to use both devices, but rather transfer from one to the other.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Sorry John,you're correct with switch device wizard. I didn't notice that an answer...because I opened the thread long ago but posted late!! My mistake...thanks for the correction.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
suze84

Oh right I thought I could of done it by selecting back up remotely on my old blackberry device lol, so is it just a simple download then john? Wot I mean is do I need to install a cd in2 the pc for it to load up? Advice has been appreciated cheers guys
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

If you have BB Protect you can do it that way but you don't get everything, only some of the data.

You can download Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/desktop

You should be making regular backups anyway and the software will also do that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
suze84

John ur a star cheers :smileyhappy: I've never done a backup but will keep it in mind lol
Please use plain text.
Contributor
suze84

See to just add my old email address from my old device to my new one could I simply just add it to my new fone manually when I download blackberry app world onto my new device? What I mean is when I download blackberry app world onto my new device would it accept my old blackberry id on the device? On the old device I was going to just reset it bck to factory settings so therefore the blackberry id on the old device wudnt be registered to that device anymore. This seems an easier option lol
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Sure, you can do that. When you put your sim in your new phone, go to email setup. Login with your BBID and and it should ask if you want to move your email accounts. You can also login to Appworld and transfer your applications too.

However, using this method won't transfer any of your other data, like calendar, contacts, old email and text messages, etc.
Please use plain text.