Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Judithcook

transferring Opera Mini from pc to phone

Hi

I have just got a Blackberry Curve 9300 and am trying to download 'opera mini' onto my phone in order to use the internet. 

I think I have downloaded it correctly onto my pc and have dragged the files across to my blackberry folder. The files appear to show on my phone under Applications;Files;All Files but when I click on it it says 'unable to display file'

Can anyone give me a step by step guide as to how to get opera mini on my phone??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: transferring Opera Mini from pc to phone

It's much easier from your BlackBerry browser to simply go to m.opera.com

If you want to do it from your PC, you need to download the specific version for your model from the Opera MIni site, to your PC. Then you will run the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC and add the application by following the instructions (Applications > Add).

So, no, you can not 'drag'ndrop' the file from your PC to your BlackBerry to install any application.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Judithcook

Re: transferring Opera Mini from pc to phone

Thanks for your help ....

I would just do it from my phone but I am unable to access the internet at all currently as my network provider does not support internet on a blackberry and so they suggested downloading Opera.

I have tried installing blackberry desktop software to my pc and although it appears to install ok when I try and open it it says:

Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have read other posts which seem to indicate that this is a common problem with the software?

I have tried uninstalling it and starting again but it is still not working.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Please use plain text.