Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

gamal1
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

transferring contacts from bluetooth but never complete?

Hi,

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520. It's 4 years old but I do not want to have another handset because it's been with me for quite some time. Plus, I have tons of memories in the phone, in both literal and metaphoric terms.

Recently, however, my office provides me with a tablet. I have tried to transfer my contacts to that tablet through Bluetooth but somehow the transfer is always limited up to 140 contacts. My work requires me to use skype a lot thus I need the contacts to be in the tablet completely (there are 1160 contacts in my cellphone currently). I tried multiple times but the problem persists and the number of contacts transferred is exactly the same (140). I begin to think that there is a system issue because of it. Google Sync is not an option because it no longer serves BlackBerry.

Can anybody help me with this issue and is there another easy way to transfer contacts across platforms? I really appreciate the help.

Best,

Gamal

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: transferring contacts from bluetooth but never complete?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Not knowing the brand of tablet you have, I can only take you half way...indeed, even if I knew the brand, I'd likely not know how to complete the second half!!

The first step is to get a full export of your contacts from your BB to your computer, into a CSV file:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

As that states, you do need to use an older version of the Desktop Software than is presently published...you can obtain what you need here:

Once you have the data in a CSV on your computer, you can then use your computer to manipulate it however is required in order to import it to your tablet -- but it will be your tablet documentation/support that you need to reference for that step.

Note carefully that this is not synchronization...rather, it's a "point in time" export/import of the data. As the data changes, the process would have to be repeated, and you'd have to very carefully manage your data so that you don't lose control of which device contains your "master" dataset.

Alternatively, you could configure synchronization between your BB and a compatible desktop PIM:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
  • KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Then, if your tablet provides some similar synchronization capability, you could use these two things to then have actual synchronization of your data, which would alleviate the concern of which holds your "master" dataset.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.