Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: sprint

Re: turning off wireless sync

[ Edited ]

sadly this didn't work for me, I still get this message.......I have five email accounts set up in my BB..and i just found out my BB is not letting me uncheck it.. after I uncheck it, I go back in and it's checked again... **bleep**

sync.JPG

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tmobile

Hello everyone

I'm having same issue I have the curve 8520 and followed the same instructions to turn off and neither application gives you the option to turn off wireless sync.

there is an email that is attached to all my contacts that I don't use any longer. I have removed this email everywhere I can find it on my phone and rebooted my phone an its stil attached to the contacts when u select a contact it says

synchronize using: and then the mail is listed

I have gone to options in contact app then selected general options and there is nothing there to turn this off.

Could you please help.

Contributor

follow those instructions and you will see where it says to uncheck it.. it didn't work for me though

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tmobile

I have followed the instructions and the email is not available in the lists of emails to remove reconcile,

the email has been deactivated it no longer exists and is not linked anywhere on the phone

I don't understand why it sync in the first place, it was never an email that i used, or rarely used for it to have linked itself

to my contacts this way.

I need to have it removed and I don't know how to, and again yes I have followed these instruction and tried more than enough times. Its still there.

Any other suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I have the same problem as a  result of getting my laptop serviced, which seems to have screwed up my Blackberry synchronisation settings. I managed to stop the wireless synchronisation of my Contacts but not the Calendar. I can't see anywhere in Calendar how you can switch off wireless synch. Nor can I find the Full Menu option suggested by someone.

Alexis

New Contributor

Ha! I think I've found it. If you go into Calendar, click the menu button then click on Options, you'll see any emails you have registered for the Blackberry. I have three. If you click on the individual email-linked calendars, you'll see wireless synchronisation and you can turn it off. Good luck all... 

Contributor

options

as you can see I do not even have any options to "uncheck" wirless syncing & I have 5 email address that I set up w/ my BB and as you can see in that screenshot that's all there is "Display Reminders" & Number of Etries" this is for all my email address in my BB. thank you for taking the time to post that and I am glad that worked for you.

New Contributor

That's very odd. On my Blackberry Bold 9000 Wireless Synchronisation  is between Appointment Colour and Display Reminders on that screenshot you've just posted. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Where are Blackberry when you need them???

Contributor

funny thing too is that it used to be there, as you can see at the top post that I made a few months back. Well I'll keep pluging away, In Jan. I'm getting a Smart phone I'm sick of BB now. So far it's been a great phone and everything else works pretty good, texting is a pain for the tiny keys (cut your thumb nails) & texting is even harder LOL ... 

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300, 6.0 Bundle 2391
My Carrier: Koodo

Thanks so much for this! It just took me about 3 hours to figure this out, until I found this post!!!!!