Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

snugly2
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

txt

When I get a txt with sound it messes up my phone. I will try to make a phone call and it will say Iam connected but I can't hear anyone but they can hear me. I then have to shut off the phone and remove the battery and really tired of this. Anyone have this problem?
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: txt

Unfortunately removing the battery is the only fix for now.  It usually happens when you receive a MMS message, then the audio on the phone craps out.  It happens on mine about once every 10 MMS messages.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

i too have had the same problem.  I have only heard of the battery pull solving this for now.  Hopefully an upgrade will be out soon. 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Blackberry 9530

You can do a battery pull, or:  Alt key (press and hold) > right shift (press and hold) > delete.  This will reboot the phone.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
mrb188
My Device: Not Specified

I have verizon and I really like my Curve 8330.  I hate the audio issue with MMS.  Everytime I recieve a file with sound I loose my phone audio.  Verizon says to pull the battery and thats quite annoying.  Thanks for the button fix!!  They say that a software fix is coming.  I've been waiting since August when they first told me.  I think that Blackberry thinks we are willing to just live like this.  What a shame.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

well, there is something you should know.
the bug is inside the Blackberry OS. It is being investigated by RIM employees. When they fill find a bugfix, if will be included in a new version of the OS. Then broadcasted to every single carrier that does Blackberries. Then every single carrier will take their time to brand it, and only after that, they will publish the OS for you to download.
The branding process can take up to 6 months (verizon was 5 months for 4.5, AT&T will be more than 6)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: