If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
wolfscmb
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

unable to send emails

I have installed UNITE and OS 4.5 on my 8300.  I dont send many emails from my phone but today when i tried i noticed that i was unable to.  I have a GMAIL account and use BIS.  When i create the email it acts like it is going to send but disapears from my GMAIL folder and only shows up in the messages folder.  When i open the email up it shows "sent using: Unknown" and the symbol showing that it is trying to send.  I have checked my email settings >> Messages services>> and my GMAIL address is selected. 

Please help as this is very frustrating ...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: unable to send emails

So you don't know if it was sednding correctly before unite?

Delete the email account and reset it, make sure you get a verification email.

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wolfscmb
My Device: Not Specified

it was working fine before unite ... I logged into my BIS and resent my service books and so far it seems to have solved the issue.  I'm really concidering uninstalling UNITE from my computer and blackberry.  I like the fact that if its lost i can remotely wipe the device, but the only other benifit i can see with UNITE is being able to remotely view files on my computer.  The headache caused by UNITE doesnt seem to be worth it in my case.  
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Glad you got it working, please take a second to resolve the post using the options by the Kudo's star

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.