Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve9300

unable to use bbm

good evening can anyone out there help me please

have recently paid for bolt on service but am unable to use bbm or email, the following error appears

your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support blackberry messenger

how can i fix this??

any help is welcome

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: unable to use bbm

Hello mwahoot

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently where are you located ?

Are you getting this error while setting up your email accounts ?

Can you call your Carrier O2 to confirmed that your account is properly configured with BlackBerry Data Plan , als on your Homescren Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the present status ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve9300

Hello prince 2012 Currently I am located in uk, have use bbm & email on my phone in abu dhabi It isnt letting me setup email account. Homepage says blackberry Internet service not connected How do I get connected, can I ring O2 or should I go to a mobile shop? Thank you
Elite II
My Device: Curve

Hi mwahtoot

If you're using a 02 SIM then you have to Call O2 to confirm that BIS is correctly provisioned in your account ,But as you mentioned that you used your device in Abu Dhabi , can you confirm that its a Unlocked device ? Otherwise O2 will not  be able to add BIS on that device . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.