Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

bdhandhania
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Reliance
Accepted Solution

uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app(49) is not responding; process terminated

When I try to add a new contact to my address book nothing happens and i get a message saying uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app(49) is not responding; process terminated can some one please help me

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app(49) is not responding; process terminated

Hello !

Try the following:

Simply delete all the  Messenger apps (Yahoo, MSN or Live) which you might have upgraded recently / delete apps which were recently installed before the error which actually started occuring .

After that unplug the battery while the phone is still "on" and restart the phone.

In fact I had deleted a whole bunch of apps to facilitate my OS upgrade as I did not have enough memory on my Device.  

This not only helped solve my above mentioned problem but also made my phone restart in less than 3 minutes (the earlier reboot was done in not less than 15  minutes !!).

Therefore my conclusion as from the above incidents is to keep your apps in the bare minimum so that your phone performs to the best.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
bdhandhania
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Reliance

Re: uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app(49) is not responding; process terminated

Would like to thank you for your advice I tried and the same has now started working fine. Thank you once again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tigerqutati
My Device: blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: 9900

hey there 

i got blackberry curve 9300 3G and i have the same problem and i have a question do i have to delete all my messengers like whats app, bbm, live, yahoo, aol, nimbuss, google talk, favebook, twitter, . . . etc or just delete the the messengers i dont use please help

Please use plain text.
iamyawdan
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

thanks man i tried your solution and it worked
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maheps
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Vodofone

Sure, its works for me too and thanks for your advice
Please use plain text.