Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

tml
New Contributor
tml
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

unwanted "Read Receipt" request

Re BlackBerry 8830 World Edition Smartphone (Verizon wireless service) V4.2.2.176 (platform 3.0.0.79)

It's set up for two e-mail accounts. The primary account is a business account and the secondary account is my personal RoadRunner account.

When I send e-mails from my Roadrunner account, a read receipt request is tagged on.  My bususiness account's e-mail is read receipt tag-free as are any RoadRunner e-mails sent from my home desktop. 

I want to remove the "read receipt" request but can't find an option under the "e-mail settings" folder.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: unwanted "Read Receipt" request

Hi tml

The option is there in email settings, but I think you may be trying to set the settings for your business account (which, if on a bes, will not have the read receipt option)

Go to messages, hit the menu key and select options, go to email settings and change message services to your road runner email address and set confirm read to no.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
tml
New Contributor
tml

Thanks.  But...

My version has separate icons for E-mail Settings and Options.  When I click on E-mail Settings, I briefly see a VerizonWirelss screen then  a Blackberry Internet Service screen with two non-clickable major headings, Services and Settings.

Under Services is a clickable Email Accounts option. That takes me to my RoadRunner account wher no "confirm read" option is listed.  The Settings majot heading offers Language, Service Books and Create User name.  None of which have a 'Confirm read" option.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Please go into the messages folder and follow the directions I gave above. 
Please use plain text.
tml
New Contributor
tml

Wowza!  It worked.  Our IT guys and gals couldn't figure it out.

Thanks

Please use plain text.