Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sjwolf
My Device: curve 3g 9330
My Carrier: verizon

updated to 6.0 and hate it. can i go back to my old update?

D: i just want my old home screen and etc again D':

i have a blackberry curve 3g 9330 from verizon. someone please help me!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
goodpasture
My Device: Curve 3G 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: updated to 6.0 and hate it. can i go back to my old update?

I'm with you. I upgraded my 9330 last night and can't stand the home screen. I keep flipping right past where I want and it goes to a whole new screen then I go right again and the home row is up and I have to be real careful to get the one of hte far left without flipping screens again. Also when I'm in hte "all" and say I move one to a folder and the cursor selects the next one available at that point, the description says all instead of what is selected until I scroll one to the right and then back again. It's all kinds of messed up and also I can only see a partial of my home screen image now where before I could see most all of it and still get to email, calender, sms, etc... Is there a way back to 5?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

From a PC, you can install any OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload", it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjwolf

[ Edited ]

thanks for this, but i am super scared to do this... what if i mess up and end up messing up my phone and it no longer working? and the post is for the storm? or does that not matter that i have a curve?

sorry for the epic paranoia, i just love my bb to death and can't afford another one if this one dies on me...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

The post is for any BB. If you go very slow, the instructions are rock solid. The first step is to find out if you can even downgrade...you need to check the portal and see if there is an OS package level that you want.

Basically, if you are scared, then don't do it. Get used to 6.0. I wish I could have it again...had it for a short while, liked it a lot.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjwolf

so how can i check if i can downgrade it? what is a portal?

LOL, sorry for my n00d status, this is my first blackberry ^^'

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Open the first link in my post above. That is the download portal...it lists all carriers download sites. Navigate to your carriers download site and check to see what OS levels they are supporting for your specific BB model number.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjwolf

i'm.... pretty sure i can downgrade. i had 5.0 when i got my phone (which was literally 4 days ago)... so i'm guessing i can downgrade?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

There is no guessing to be done. Check the portal. I cannot tell you if your carrier still supports and distributes a 5.0 package or not...check the portal.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
goodpasture
My Device: Curve 3G 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I might have actually figured it out. I upgraded to 6 OTA and went back into the options ... updates area and there was actually a link that said "downgrade". I have not clicked it because I think more and more I want to just get used to it and move forward. It does have nicer graphics and seems really fast and I'm sure there is plenty of other advantages I haven't found yet. I was kind of bummed to not really find a great theme available yet. I found one I loved one called "Redux" but I talked to the developer said RIM hasn't yet released the final version of OS6 theme designer so he said it has many bugs yet and basically to wait. I guess I will get used to the default theme for now and the OS6 as well and move on.

Anyways go to the update area in options and check for updated and see if you have the same "downgrade" link available and maybe if you click it, post your results here to see if it works flawless or not.   Thanks, Jonathan

Please use plain text.