Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Niall210193
My Device: blackberry curve

updates..

basically just got a phone off a mate,  current version of software is 5.0, but when i search for a new update it says theres no updates, but i know theres 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1

any suggestions would be welcome..

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: updates..

Hi Naill210193

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are different versions of OS available depending upon the device models ,as you are running OS 5 on device can you share which device model you have ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Niall210193

blackberry 8520..

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Naill210193

Sorry but for BlackBerry Curve 8520 OS5 is the limit , it cannot handle any higher OS versions, its memory and hardware will not support any higher OS Version. OS 5 is the best OS for your Curve 8520.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Niall210193

any suggestions why im not getting any signal then? thought i might need to update my phone, but obviously not..

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Niall210193

Can you explain what signal ? 

New Contributor
Niall210193

Well I'm on EE network, but I get no signal anywhere, I can connect to wifi, just get no network coverage..
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Naill210193

Do have an active SIM card or have you tried a different SIM on that device , Have you tried calling EE in this regard ?  

New Contributor
Niall210193

Yep the sim is active, and tried different sims just the same, I went into EE and they connected to me to orange network aswell, then about 10 mins later it disconnected, now I have no signal anywhere..
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Niall210193

There may be many possibilities for your problem you are having, It may be a Network issue or the problem may be because of the device itself i;e  a hardware or a software issue. Are you sure that device was a working device when you got it from your friend ? To rule out the software issue you can try Installing a fresh OS from your Carrier.If you want to do that then try this :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the  OS  from here Carriers  and Install it in your PC or Laptop

• (make sure you are downloading for the same device model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

If problem persist even after installation of this new OS then you had to contact your Service provider for further help. So try it and see if that helps.