Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: 4077339806

updating error; uncaught exception

[ Edited ]

So I tried updating to the latest software, and now when my BB is restarted it goes to the "Welcome! Set up wizard guide"

Upon clicking continue, I get this error: "Uncaught exception applicationregistry.waitfor (0x91fd388c7b9ff028)" timeout

upon clicking ok again I get the next error: "uncaught exception java.lang. Error"

clicking OK, it brings me to the blackberry platform 5.2.0.96. Clicking anything like the addressbook, altmusic, altpictures,calender, calculator, music etc I get the error: Error starting starting net_rim_bb_file_explorer: module 'net_rim_ecmascript' not found etc. The only ones that work is calculator and saved messages.

When I click setup wizard it just freezes the whole phone. After a while after the freeze, I get another error: uncaught exception:application registry.waitfor (0xf405d42294c6940e) timeout.

I can't connect it to the desktop software because it no longer can communicate with the device.

What do I do???? I updated my phone and it fcked it up.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: updating error; uncaught exception

Hi there,

Try to reload the OS using the method described here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If your computer can't pick up your phone in Step 2, unplug your phone and remove the battery, then plug your phone back in. As soon as you see your PIN or PIN:UNKNOWN, click Next. This will catch your phone during the reboot phase and will allow your computer to communicate with it. At this point, you can reinsert your battery and proceed with the OS reload process.

Note: You might not be able to perform the back up since the Desktop Software can't see it, but so long as you did your update on your computer via the Desktop Software, there should be a backup file on your computer.

Good luck and I hope this info helps get you back up and running.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!