Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
marina201
My Device: curve
My Carrier: O2

username difficulties/recovery

Hi all

I changed my password on my email account which is connected to my blackberry. When I tried to change my email password on my blackberry, I was asked to log in using my blackberry id. I put my email address as my usename (this is what it says my username is on the blackberry website when I checked my BB id) I get a message that says "blank user name type a valid user name".  I tried using my screen name but this didn't work either. I've also tried the original username I had when I first set the blackberry id but this hasn't worked either.  I can't access my emails on my blackberry now.  Am I missing something really obvious?  I can log in just fine on the BB website using the same 'username' that doesn't work on my phone. Is there any way to recover my username? I know my password. Please don't say this is a carrier or network problem - this is specifically related to blackberry id, so a blackberry problem.

Any advice?

Marina

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: username difficulties/recovery

Hi marina201 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

From your BlackBerry smartphone, go into Options>Device>BlackBerry ID to verify your settings. Does the Username show as the same one you use on the web?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.