Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

video on my 8310 no longer works

When I first got my phone I took a short video,which I can see but now I can no longer see how I took it. My wife has the same phone and I can't find the option on hers either? I have looked thru many posts but none really helped.

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: video on my 8310 no longer works

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Left Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Well neither worked to tell you the truth I can't remember what I did to take the first and only video I took. I went to the store that I bought the phone and they said you couldn't take a video with a 8310 I said oh yet have a look at the one on my phone. All they could come up with was maybe I needed 4.3 something on my phone. I've been looking for 2 hours and can't see where to download it. Not real sure they know what their talking about. what's next?

Thanks

Guru I

the Curve 8310 has the physical ability to record videos, but it is possible only if it has the software ability.
the software ability is possible if the version of your OS is at least 4.5.
to know the version of your OS :
home screen >> options >> about.
I have a Curve 8310 with OS 4.2.2.175 and therefore cannot take videos.

You should check on the two Curve devices you have.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

They looked at that at the store it's V4.2.2.170 BUT they couldn't figure out how I took the video of my office, taken from my phone when I frist got it. One of the techs said I needed to down load at least V4.3but I can't see how to do that.
Guru I

if you want to upgrade the OS on your device, it's easy.
go on top of the current page, click on software. you'll get on a new page. On the left, choose "Blackberry device software", then follow the instructions.

if you have questions about that upgrade, don't post them in the current discussion. read what has been asked and solved, and if you don't find out, open a new discussion. It's a way of keeping the forum tidied. Good luck.

Contributor

So i've found 4.5 system software and 4.5 core applications BUT it says I have to activate my device wirelessly after words to get it work. I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe someone can help?
Contributor

Well the upgrade to 4.5 worked on my phone I have video, BUT when I tried it on my wifes it crapped out. All I have on her screen is a circle with a box inside with a line thru it and nothing seems to work. I've taken the battery out tried to down load it again, removed it and I still have the circle. Man I'm in a lot of TROUBLE. I need some help soon.

Thanks