Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

weekdays option in alarm does not correspond to first day of the week option in calendar

I am based in Oman where the week is Saturday to Thursday and Friday is weekly off instead of Sunday. Inspite of changing first day of the week to saturday in calendar option and choosing weekdays option in Alarm, it rings on Fridays and does not ring on Sundays. Its very upsetting. Can anyone suggest a solution for this?? Thanks in advance.
Contributor

Re: weekdays option in alarm does not correspond to first day of the week option in calendar

can anyone help me with this issue. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Re: weekdays option in alarm does not correspond to first day of the week option in calendar

i just did this on my Blackberry curve 8330 to make sure my answer was correct, and what i was able to do was.

Go to your calender, select the first day you would like it to start i i will start monday for example, Recurrence set to weekly. when selecting weekly another option will appear below it ( S M T W T F S ) highlight and select a letter that marks the day  Saturday , Monday , Tuesday Ect.  and the letting will become BOLD meaning it is selected. Thus giving you the option to select any , and as many days per week you wish, and have the recurrence as often as you want

Contributor

Thanks but going to calender and selecting first day of the week is fine. But where do I set recurrence to weekly?? Would appreciate if you guide me through this point onwards in detail. Thanks a lot.