If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
michelle10
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

what should i do???

I have had my blackberry curve 8520 with o2 for 18months and it has been great but in the last 2/3 weeks i seem to be having silly little problems. when i go into the area i work in i lose my internet, email and BBM. (can only receive texts and calls) It has worked fine before but now goes to 'edge' instead of 'GPRS' and loses everything. i contacted my network provider yest and they advised changing from 3G to 2G when in the area but when they tried to advise me how to do this they said my handheld appeared to be missing the program to do this. Other problems have been not able to upload pictures from handheld to facebook (it tells me to install a program but wont let me do that either.) other warnings i get are unable to conect to blackberry app world server when i try to connect to blackberry app. Since having these problems i have conected to blackberry desktop to update but still not solved but did wipe blackberry app world and bbm which i have since re installed but wont connect to app world. Is it worth me restting to factory settings, or is there anything else i could try or do i just admit that my phone is ready for blackberry heaven. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: what should i do???

If you're now constantly losing signal in your building where you once had it good, I would suggest getting a free SIM card replacement from O2.

Your other connection issues... What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.5.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
michelle10
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

the updated os is v5.0.0.681.it is not a building i am losing signal in it is a town?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK. Get a SIM swap and see how it goes.

If it is ONLY one specific area in which you are that loses signal so bad, it could be a faulty mast in that area.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.