Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lucymeatsix
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

white screen

I have looked on google, youtube, here. downloading a new os software was recommended to help with the white screen on my blackberry curve 8520 but i dont understand how to download the blackberry desktop software onto my blackberry if i cant connect it to the computer as i usually would by plugging the usb cable in and type my password in so i was able to connect to my laptop, but i cant because the screen is white so i cant see help please.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB

Re: white screen

Hi - Is there an error message in the middle of the screen with a #, or is the screen completely blank??  I have heard of similar issues with BB Bold 9700 series devices.  If the screen is completely blank, then there is a chance it could be a screen issue and not an O/S issue.

I will attempt to describe how to reload your O/S should you decide to do so.  I am going off of memory as it has been a long time since I have done this.

** Please note that reloading your O/S could result in you losing personal info from your device including your Contacts, Messages, and possibly your apps!! **

To load the O/S try powering down the BB device by holding down the power button.  Load Desktop Manager on your laptop/computer then connect your BB to your computer with the USB cable. The Desktop Manager software on your computer will run for a little while then it should prompt you about re-installing your O/S on your BB.  Follow the on-screen prompts on your computer.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

The desktop manager is downloaded and instelled on your computer.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After you install the desktop manager on the computer, try this to load the software on the device.
force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10144

the screen changed sometimes its white with a black bar a...

the screen changed sometimes its white with a black bar at the bottem and it used to work as normal for s few minuets but is now mostly white still

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lucymeatsix

i did this but has just gone white all over now how do i know if it has a white screen because it needs a new screen or an update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB

It sounds like it's a screen issue.  I would recommend you take it in to a store that belongs to your carrier to diagnose it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Please use plain text.