Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
angelananya20
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: ananya

why my balance is deducting on an unlimited data plan?

I have unlimited blackberry data plan. The other day I watchd a video on youtube. Since then my balance is deducting on data usage. I called the customer care, they said it was because I activated network browser on opening youtube instead of blackberry browser. Wht should I do now?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: why my balance is deducting on an unlimited data plan?

Hello angelananya20

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Streaming videos like Youtube videos uses Wap browser which is related to our Carrier.That is the reason your balance has been deducted. To avoid that if you stream it over wifi it won't deduct your balance.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
djfine81
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: why my balance is deducting on an unlimited data plan?

[ Edited ]
The post is old but in case someone stumbles like I did then it may help. ok... Step 1. Set the APN to ''blackberry.net'' in case you are on a BIS plan. Step 2. Delete WAP2 entries from your service book. There will be around two such entries. REMEMBER once you do a hard reboot it will appear again and so you will have to delete it again. Step 3. Clear WAP push check boxes on your browser setting . Please, you will need to be familiar with blackberry settings. The above method works for me as I do not use WAP(your carrier's data). Though the pop up message of WAP data active time e.g. 'bsnlstream', will come but the consumption will be shown as 0 kb and of course no charges. WIfi needs to be used for some streaming applications since blackberry.net doesn't support it.
Please use plain text.