Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
rmcvicar
My Device: Not Specified

4.3 for Sprint 8830

When can we see the Desktop 4.3 for Sprint 8830?

Also, the hope is that the install problem will be resolved, especially on Vista PC OS. 

Contributor
js2008

Re: 4.3 for Sprint 8830

I downloaded 4.3 from Blackberry directly and have not had any issues on vista. I've also used it for a wide range of blackberry's without any problem.
~John
New Contributor
rmcvicar

Thanks for the kind reply. Though when the Vendor (Sprint) does not officially support something like this newer version of desktop it causes challenges when working with them for support. This is my fourth BB of three vendors and they all seemed to be behind in this area of supporting the latest desktop.  4.3 has been out for a while, also, I believe.
Contributor
js2008

Perhaps they will release it around the same time they unleash the 8330 for Sprint
~John
Regular Contributor
Ben

If your just refering to the Desktop Manager software, it is independant of the Carrier.   You can downloaded the latest version from www.blackberry.com and it should work just fine.

If your refering to 4.3 Handheld software for your BlackBerry itself, there isn't a release timeframe for that yet with Sprint. 

Contributor
ITChannelTraine

4.3 desktop manager can be used any time. i would actually recommend 4.2 sp 2 to avoid any of the bugs associated with 4.3

As for device software 4.3, you wont see it on that device, it will skip right to 4.5 when released.