Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ccurtis315
My Device: Not Specified

8330 alltel curve won't sync with PocketMac, even after driver update

[ Edited ]

Sooo I have a blackberry curve 8330 I recently got through Alltel. I installed PocketMac twice now, and was reading all about the FAQ's and tech. support and it's not recognizing my blackberry. I tried syncing and it said the "error 1: skipping" thing. I also downloaded the "driver update" and it's still doing the same thing. It shows my phones like charging when it's plugged in but I can't sync it. This is my first blackberry and I'm confused.

Can someone help me, please?

And, does anyone know what "Enterprise Activation" is?

EDIT: sorted out the formatting

Message Edited by Andy on 07-26-2008 09:21 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
edjm
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: 8330 alltel curve won't sync with PocketMac, even after driver update

There are some weird issues with the PocketMac USB drivers for newer devices. You might try these instructions for manually removing the older USB driver and then using the driver update you mentioned. This assumes you already have PocketMac installed:

Here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:

1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)

2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.

3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.

4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.

5. If you have not done so already, or if you have deleted the file, please download the
DriverUpdate.dmg from here, using the instructions above again to download and install the patch:
http://www.discoverblackberry.com/discover/mac_solutions.jsp

6. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.

7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.

Instructions taken from: http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id=96

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taxtracker

I tried your advice..... with no success.... oddly enough when i go to macintoshHD/system/library/extensions, I don't have have any .kext files except under appleshare (afpfs.kext and asp_tcp.kext).

another odd thing is that it appears that the mac does NOT recognize or "see" the blackberry as a device.  (IMAC 2.4 with latest updates for leopard os).

if i can't get this sorted -- i'll have to return the blackberry and get a iphone (which is by far, NOT my preference).

thanks, 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
edjm
My Device: Curve 8330

taxtracker - I think you may have looked in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions. In the correct folder there should be a few hundred kexts.

Please use plain text.
lbn
New Contributor
lbn

Hi I had a similiar problem with "error: Skipping." I uninstalled and re-installed many times, even calling Sprint Tech Support and going to Apple since I have a MAC Book Pro. On my own, I was able to correct the problem of skipping. Check your Address book, if you have duplicates in your address book, it may be causing your skippling error (that was the cause of mine). After condensing my duplicates, I was able to successfully sync my blackberry and my Mac.

I hope this helps! 

Please use plain text.
SimplyJay

Sorry for ALL of you.... NONE of these ideas work (thanks everybody that tried) I have been working with Mac's for years and know them inside and out.... the BlackBerry phone will not sync (maybe once) with the Mac... using this software. You can try removing the files and/or reinstalling, you can take care of your contacts... nevertheless, none of it will work 100% of the time. Maybe they need to start over with this software design. Sorry.
Please use plain text.
crackberryman

I also had problems syncing my 8330 Blackberry with my Mac with a program called PocketMac and after installing and reinstalling the program several times and syncing for hours on end (the program was just sitting their), I also spent $49.95 for PocketMac Tech Support. Still no results. I did a little more research and I found a program that I thought was easy to install as long as you follow the simple instructions and it worked great, the program is The Missing Sync for Blackberry Version 2.0.1. it cost $39.95 it is available at www.markspace.com. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stuckigs

I did all that and it finds my curve 8330 but when i plug it in it just constantly says its syncing and nothing happens
Please use plain text.
New Contributor

I have an 8830 and it syncs everything except iTunes and iPhoto. Any suggestions? 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kgunch

I give up.  I've tried everything.  And I'm sure not going to spend another dime trying to make this sync with a Mac.  I'm just going to back it up to my PC.  What a piece of crap this software is.
Please use plain text.