Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

RDAKE22
My Device: Not Specified

8350i Direct Connect...

I have been trying to sync my 8350i with Entourage on a Mac.  Everything works fine except for the Direct Connect #'s (Push-to-Talk)

Everytime I sync, it erases the number off of the Blackberry.  I must manually input them again on the phone.  The category is labeled "Direct Conect #" on the phone and "Nextel" in Entourage.  Would that be the problem?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
framal
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8350i Direct Connect...

[ Edited ]

I have the 8350i and a Mac.

I have my info on iCal and Address Book.

When I sync, everything is ok, except 2 problems.

The Direct Connect ID's and the BB PIN's do not sync.

In the Mac's Address Book, I have them under:

DCID  =  'Home 2' 

BB PIN =   'Home Fax'

I have them labeled like that because that's how Entourage/Address Book syncs them.

For example,

When I create a new contact on my BB that has email, phone, address, direct connect#, PIN, company...  and then I sync with my mac... I will see in the Mac's Address Book the new contact with the email, phone, address, company... but no direct connect# and no PIN.

In short, there is no field that corresponds to Direct Connect# and PIN#  when trying to sync with BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac and a BlackBerry Curve 8350i.  Is this true?

THX

Message Edited by framal on 10-05-2009 02:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pecora
My Device: Bold 9000

The PIN# don't not have a field on the address book app and thus do not seem to sync .... I thonk this is a known issue in the KB articles and may be fixed in a later update....

BUT if you have the moble phube number associated with tha pin# in the address book it will sync to your BlackBerry and will be selectable in a pull down when you type the frist letter on your contact in the To: field of the text message.  I just select that moble number on the list and it goes out to that phone.

Rick 

Please use plain text.
lsaboya
My Device: Blackberry 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Same thing here. One year later, RIM doesn't fix that problem. 

Please use plain text.
lballina
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Same problem here, I just bought the BlackBerry because it is one of the few smartphones syncable with Apple... but what's the thing that when I sync to my Mac, the Direct Connect# simply vanishes.

I created a field on the Apple AddressBook Template called the same "Direct Connect#" hoping the Addressbook will recognize that field from the Blackberry, but no success.

So RIM has not yet fixed this problem!!! What can we do? Help!!! I just want to sync seemlessly... is that too much to ask?...

Please use plain text.