Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
pdietrich
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus

9800 Calendar Data changes not uploading to Outlook 2010

When I add appts to my BB calendar it does not update my Outlook 2010 but always works the other way. I have it set to two way but only seems to go one way.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rodmath
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: 9800 Calendar Data changes not uploading to Outlook 2010

I'm having the same issue.  Seems that after updating my software for the device and bbm.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pdietrich

Actually that is true.  Only a problem after I updated to the latest desktop software.  Former software worked  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi - have you checked your Desktop Manager software's syncing settings??  It may have reverted to synching 1-way. To check this do the following:

1) Launch Desktop Manager on your computer.

2) Connect your BB to your computer via USB

3) Once the Desktop Manager finishes running, click on "Organizer" in the left panel of the Desktop Manager's main screen.

4) The right-side of the screen will change "Select Orgaanizer Data to Synchronize"

5) You should see the folowing options listed in this screen, and each having their own Configure button:

Contacts

Calendar

Tasks

Memo

6) Click on the Configure button beside Calendar.

7) In the pop-up box, there should be a drop-down at the top named "Sync Direction".  Click on the drop-down and select "Two way between your device and your computer"

8) Be sure the check-box "Replace all entries on your device with entries on your computer" (below the drop-down) is not checked.

This should now allow your calendar items added to your handheld to sync with Outlook.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rodmath
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for the info.

I have been able to resolve the issue by completely removing the desktop manager software and re-installing the same.  

Now the sync is working as it always had been - perfectly.

thanks again for your help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pdietrich

As I indicated, it is set two way

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pdietrich

I removed desktop and downloaded latest version (I already had it, but just in case), reinstalled 9800 and configured again two way.  Two way now works for Contacts (did not mention earlier but that is not as important, but still Calendar changes in BB 9800 still do not move over to Outlook Calendar.  I even tested by adding new entries in BB calendar and still did not pick up.  

I guess I just have to live with this for now.  Thanks for assistance

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi - perhaps downgrading Desktop Manager to v6 may remedy this. I had the latest version of Desktop Manager, and had sync issues with both Outlook 2007 and 2010. I downgraded to v6 and my Torch 9800 syncs with Outlook 2010...no issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pdietrich

Good idea.  I'll see if I can find the old version...

Please use plain text.