01-09-2013 04:09 PM
01-09-2013 08:46 PM
Hi - have you checked your Desktop Manager software's syncing settings?? It may have reverted to synching 1-way. To check this do the following:
1) Launch Desktop Manager on your computer.
2) Connect your BB to your computer via USB
3) Once the Desktop Manager finishes running, click on "Organizer" in the left panel of the Desktop Manager's main screen.
4) The right-side of the screen will change "Select Orgaanizer Data to Synchronize"
5) You should see the folowing options listed in this screen, and each having their own Configure button:
6) Click on the Configure button beside Calendar.
7) In the pop-up box, there should be a drop-down at the top named "Sync Direction". Click on the drop-down and select "Two way between your device and your computer"
8) Be sure the check-box "Replace all entries on your device with entries on your computer" (below the drop-down) is not checked.
This should now allow your calendar items added to your handheld to sync with Outlook.
Hope this helps.
01-10-2013 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info.
I have been able to resolve the issue by completely removing the desktop manager software and re-installing the same.
Now the sync is working as it always had been - perfectly.
thanks again for your help.
01-10-2013 12:38 PM
I removed desktop and downloaded latest version (I already had it, but just in case), reinstalled 9800 and configured again two way. Two way now works for Contacts (did not mention earlier but that is not as important, but still Calendar changes in BB 9800 still do not move over to Outlook Calendar. I even tested by adding new entries in BB calendar and still did not pick up.
I guess I just have to live with this for now. Thanks for assistance
01-10-2013 01:13 PM