Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
Lassebabba
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Virgin

Adding music to my BB 9360

Hi

When trying to add music from my laptop on to my 9360 using the BB Desktop Software some 40-50% of the songs appear on the phone as 'artist unknown' and there's, as far as I can tell, little logic when it comes to which songs. The music is ripped via MS Media and the format (usually) is wav but that doesn't seem to matter.

Any suggestons would be most appreciated :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook

Re: Adding music to my BB 9360

How are you putting the music on the device?   Maybe that is a factor.   If you are using the desk top software to sync, try using mass storage mode and drag and drop the files from the computer onto the device memory or media card. 

- Ira
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lassebabba

Hi Aiharkness

Thanks ffor you reply.

Normally I use the BB desktop software where I click 'Music' and where then all the music on the computer appears so all I (should) need to do is to click what I want transferred to the mobile. And it is - just not with all the info so then it appears in one massive folder called 'artist unknown'.

With 'mass storage' you mean the option 'USD mode' (I think it's called) or?!

b r

L

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness

[ Edited ]

Yes.   Select USB and then copy the files from the location on the computer to either the music folder on the "drive" for the onboard device memory or the media card.

I'm not saying it will fix the problem, but it's worth a try to see what happens.   You say the files are the same.    The idea is try something different and see if the process is the difference. 

- Ira
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lassebabba

Hi again

OK, so I connected my BB 9360 both in the mode 'USB' as well as 'Media sync' and then twice via 'My Computer' opened the folder 'Music' on the BB to which I copied a particular song as a test - same result both times unfortunately despite even creating a folder with the name of the artist ie it appears as 'unknown'.

b r

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness

[ Edited ]

See what others say.  Maybe someone knows an easy fix.   I think the issue is with the files and not with the BlackBerry  or the Desktop Software.

If it were me -- and I'm not an expert -- i would get an application to read and edit the meta data and (1) see what is there and (2) edit the song information the way you want it to be.   Then transfer it again.

I've had mixed luck using Microsoft Media Player to edit tags.   It's never mattered that much to me so I never dug deep into it.

- Ira
Please use plain text.