Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: bold 9700 os v5.0.0.405 (platform
My Carrier: at&t

Address Book Sync Using BB Desktop Mgr

New BB user here. Trying to sync contacts b/t my aluminum (late '08 model) iMac and my Bold 9700. Used Desktop Mgr but my contacts went into the phone all screwy. Does anyone know why this happened?

Photos, titles, phone numbers, names all mixed up and mismatched. One person's name will appear 8 times in a row with different information. Maybe one of the entries is accurate, but I don't know without checking in address book.

When i was using my iPhone, I had the iPhone sync to address book which was synced to my google contacts. And that seemed to work pretty seamlessly.

When I unboxed this afternoon, I set up google sync on the Bold, and also synced using BBDM, but that became messy as well. I encountered the bug where my contacts would be listed, but when I tried to search for anyone, every result came back empty. If someone in my list called me however, their photo and name and everything would come up. But that's not my problem now. I performed a security wipe and just did a single BBDM sync to get all my contacts from address book. No google sync.  Haven't tried just google sync to get just my google contacts yet (as a way to isolate the issue).

Can anyone help me find a seamless way to get all my contacts into my bold? Here's some more info:

Device info

Your carrier: AT&T

Model BlackBerry 9700 smartphone (Bold) OS v5.0.0.405

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace.

Before: 130918768

After: 130709656

No third party apps

What is BT device model?

Any other info I can provide, just ask and I'll do my best. Might need some instructions though.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Address Book Sync Using BB Desktop Mgr

Yes. I am having the EXACT problem with my brand new Bold 9700.

I still have my old Blackberry Perl and I made a back up of just the contacts on my Windows 7 PC. From there I made the update to the new Blackberry and started experiencing this issue of the names and numbers getting shuffled like it was a poker game!

So I completely deleted/cleared my phone book. I re-uploaded the phonebook and I thought the problem had gone away. Some names and numbers got fixed but others got mixed up again.

This is crazy! How do we fix this issue??

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Address Book Sync Using BB Desktop Mgr

I have the same problem on my Tour on Telus Mobility. After enabling Google Contacts synchronization in the BIS, all my contacts got mixed up. Name, job, company, phone numbers, address all got randomized with up to 10 duplicate of each. It also conveniently randomized my google contacts in my google account. What the... RIM? Did you this this feature? I have no way of restoring my contacts now.