Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Nanuq
My Device: Playbook 2.0.0.7971
Accepted Solution

All working but "...verify connected.." stops using it

Hi  Thanks for looking over.

Installed playbook cd on laptop.  All went well.  Both were communicating with each other during install.

Also little window  said it's in z on laptop.

When the BB desktop program starts up on laptop all is fine until a small text window saying....

"Before you begin, verify that your current playbook is connected to your computer"

Yes it is and on. Playbook is saying it's connected.

Restart and message on laptop will show that playbook has been disconnected.  And connected when restarted.

When the message 'before you begin..." comes up it greys out the BB desktop program so it cannot be used.

How do I tell the text box - yes everything is verifed connected so it will work?  No check box or anything.

Thanks.  Yes did a reinstall - fix erros and same thing.  Restarted both laptop and playbook (few times) and same message.

Thanks

Jim

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nanuq

Re: All working but "...verify connected.." stops using it

[ Edited ]

the computer I'm using has Windows 7 if that helps to solve the problem.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nanuq

Re: All working but "...verify connected.." stops using it

FIRE IS OUT -  

Yes working fine now.  What was wrong?

Went to the website and download the update for the Playbook Desktop Software here

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp?lid=us:bb:smileyfrustrated:oftware:smileyvery-happy:esktopSoftware:smileytongue:C&lpos=u...:smileyfrustrated:

Installed and bingo - success!

Please use plain text.