Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
maryjaneb
My Device: 8220 Smartphone
Accepted Solution

Annoying Message - "Updated versions of the application listed .... Danish"

I have seen at least two other forum postings with Blackberry users having the same software problem, but am re-questing someone post a clear solution to it as I can't understand how to fix this and apparently it has been not working for at least six months and there doesn't seem to be way to contact support other than a phone call (which I will do if I have to).I have updated my software to the current newest version (v5.0.1) though I still see 4.6 in places and an annoying message continues to appear.

Whenever I connect my new BB to my computer and run the Desktop Manager, the Application Loader ALWAYS says:

<<

Updated versions of the application listed below are available for your device.

Danish Language Support
Norwegian Language Support
Swedish Language Support

>>

Question: What steps do I need to take to stop this message from appearing?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Annoying Message - "Updated versions of the application listed .... Danish"

hello,

your current installation of Desktop Manager is configured to seek for updates of your device OS on the internet whenever you open the Desktop Manager. the DM sees a new OS is available, and that OS contains, apart from updated versions of existing modules on the OS, three new language modules that are listed there.

• You can either do the update of the OS on your device (that's the way it's meant to be according to RIM)
  • You can live with that message. It's a good zenitude.
  • You can configure the Desktop Manager to not check for updates anymore, that can be done by right clicking on the system tray on the "device software" icon, and on one of the tabs you can uncheck the option.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
maryjaneb

Thank you for your response. Personally, I think it is better zenitude to make the message go away, no offense to the Scandanavian users. Since I can check for updates myself periodically, I think your idea to turn off the automatic updates is an excellent one. I just did that using the detailed suggestion to go through "Add and Remove Programs" at another forum posting (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/Stopping-automatic-device-ap...).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maryjaneb

I don't know how to unclick the "this resolved my issue button". I've tried all your suggestions Xandrex and have a partial resolution. I unistalled the automatic update via add remove programs through Windows XP Control Panel. The automatic udates went away for a day. The Scandanavian update has gone (hopefully forever) but the auto update came back. It won't cancel when I click that. I just have to let it run every time I load Blackberry Desktop Manager, but at least I am not required to take an action every time it happens. On a different subject my display went out on my Flip 8220 for a week until I realized that was another software problem that I found a fix for on this forum. Thank you forum members for your diligence and your postings..., RIM I'm not very satisified with your lack of support for this device.

Please use plain text.