Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

jrbird50
My Device: Not Specified

Attachments with Desktop Redirector

I am a new Curve user and have a question.  I am using the Desktop Redirector and I cannot view attachments.  From what I have read, it appears I cannot do this.  Can someone confirm?  Are there any alternatives?  We have a very small business with an Exchange 2003 server and one BB user.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Attachments with Desktop Redirector

Yes you can not view them, if you were on a BES solution, that BES would need to be running the attachment service.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Attachments with Desktop Redirector

You should be able to view whether or not you're using BIS or BES.

On a BES the BlackBerry Attachment Service should already be installed and running.

Using BIS, just make sure the BlackBerry Attachment Service is installed. Check under Options | Advanced Options | Applications. If you don't see it listed, then you just have to install it when loading the device software.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.