Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
Cutura
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: t-mobile

Audible Calendar Reminder Inoperative (8900 Syncing to MAC)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First time poster.

PROBLEM: I cannot get audible reminders on calendar appointments.

NOT A PROBLEM: All other sync functions work flawlessly.

I have invested a couple of hours in trying to locate the answer to this problem but could only find this post from last Oct - I have only grabbed the relevant portion. The question was never replied to:

------------------

I just upgraded to a Curve 8900 from a Curve 8310 and using the new Desktop Manager for Mac to sync. I'm having 2 issues.

1) After syncing with ical, the entries on my Curve 8900 do not alert (vibrate or give off tone) when the ical alarm is set to "message with sound", however it does work when you only select "message" from the alarm setting.

------------------

Here is my system info:

8900 v4.6.1.231 (Platform 4.2.0.108)

BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac v1.0.2 (build 8)

Max OS 10.5.8

Carrier T-Mobile (v5 not available)

Function:

- Create appointment on BB and set a reminder. BB has only message option (NO sound).

- Sync to iCal using BDM with no problem. iCal registers message only reminder.

- Change reminder type in iCal to "message with sound"

- Sync to BB using BDM and reminder now indicates "none" in BB, retaining message with sound in iCal

Prior to installing BDM, I was using Missing Sync with full functionality. What MS didn't do was keep BB apps up to date, so I switched to BDM.

Immediately, BDM updated the BB app software and reset the entire phone to a virgin state. I had to restore ALL BB personal preferences manually. After getting everything back to "norm" and in sync, I noticed the audible on calendar reminders no longer working. And here I sit. Understand I have set the preference states for calendar reminders to be tone not vibrate, etc. The problem is that when I make an appointment and set a reminder it only has no choice to have sound. I can't remember if it ever did, pre se, but it did incorporate the sound feature on Sync from the desktop with Missing Sync, no matter.

UPDATE: I found a "Missing Sync" app on the BB that was not removed when the desktop portion of the "Missing Sync" app was taken out. Removing that has caused the BB to play sound for the calendar reminder when the appointment is created on the BB. Further, IF I set appointments in iCAL to NOT have sound then they do sync to the BB and the BB plays a sound. IF I set the iCAL to have message and sound, then the reminder doesn;t sync to the BB at all, leaving teh reminder in a state of none with the reminder still ok in iCAl. In other words - not synced. At least I haev soound on my BB now and I really don't need sound in iCAL. Guess I fixed the problem (mostly) since posting this. Oh, I did also find a "Missing Sync" folder in the user library on the desktop that I aso deleted, but that didn;t seem to effect anything.

Please use plain text.
Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

Re: Audible Calendar Reminder Inoperative (8900 Syncing to MAC)

If you ever figure this, please us all know.  Many people have this problem.  Oddly, if I sync iCal to my Google Calendar and let it sync to my BB, the audible alerts work fine.  But the Google sync doesn't work properly with my contacts...so I use the DTM for BB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ocrealtor
My Device: Not Specified

Has anybody figured this out? Syncing Tour 4.7.1.61 to Mac. Please help~

Please use plain text.
Developer
LarryMcJ

I am beginning to think it's a problem with the Tour.  What's more concerning...I can't believer there aren't more people out there using a Tour and a Mac who are having this problem.  Surely we can't be the only two?

Please use plain text.
Developer
LarryMcJ

Please use plain text.