Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

BB 9700 will not sync contacts using the BB desktop Software

My BB 9700 will not sync the contact to my outlook using the desktop software. My phone does not have the wireless sync option so that is not the problem. It used to sync with the old desktop software that i had loaded from the cd that came with my phone, however I do not have that cd anymore and have installed the 7.1 from the website after i had to do a factory reset on my laptop. I have Outlook 2010, I set up an outlook file for the adress book, i have configured the desktop in the advanced settings and have tried setting it to many different folders and continue to get the same error. Which is a CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : invaliad linked ld

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 9700 will not sync contacts using the BB desktop Software

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB31008 Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

You alos may want to attempt the steps in this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the info. I have read the error code that you sent me and that says that because all of my contacts do not have pictures that I will not be able to sync my phone to outlook. As far as the clean start my PC as had a factory reset and I need to send the data from my phone to outlook. This seems to to be a major problem with BB desktop V 7.1

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

odie1001 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have read the error code that you sent me and that says that because all of my contacts do not have pictures that I will not be able to sync my phone to outlook.

I think you are misinterpreting that KB. My take is that you have at least one contact item that has an image file, but it's blank. You need to find that contact item and clear out that blank image. There is no requirement that all contact items have an image attached to them. But, if something is wrong with one of those image files, that will cause the sync to fail with this error.

odie1001 wrote:

As far as the clean start my PC as had a factory reset and I need to send the data from my phone to outlook.

Ummm...what? Your PC was reset? I don't think I understand what you tried to say there. You can also do a 1-way sync from BB to Outlook via that procedure as well.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code