Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
marcmeganck
My Device: BB 9790 Europe Querty

BB 9790 japanese input missing

Dear ,

i would like to download BB 9790 software  and BB desktop software all languages (means with Japanese input keyboard ).

i can not find it on current website.

please advise for link

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chickeeen
My Device: 9790

Re: BB 9790 japanese input missing

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcmeganck

i tried but can not find "compatibility files"  and afterwards i started loader.exe but can only find wireless music sync .

so it does not solve my problem, i still can not change keyboard to japanese .

kind regards,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chickeeen

I assumed you have downloaded and installed the OS from the link. You need to find & delete the vendor.xml file, this is usually located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Once you have done this you should be able to update the device either with the loader.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Or alternatively you can download the desktop manager at http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html and run the BB operating system update this way - you need to update the operating system...

(only if you have the exact same version running on the BB, as the downloaded / installed OS then you could add the needed language input and other things without the OS update.)

Please note that your BB needs to be activated and have corresponding service books present for the update. Though I can only speak for BES (Enterprise) activated devices.

Make sure that you make an backup of your device and also bear in mind that you might need to re-activate your device, although this should go automatically with the latest OS.

Hope this helps you further.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcmeganck

Still not solved, i normally update with blackberry desktop, but 710_b039_multilanguage.exe does not include japanese input keyboard language , i need 710_b039_alllanguages.exe , but can nof find it.

i installed 9790jAlllanguages (9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2257_PL9.16.0.167_A7.1.0.746_Rogers_Wireless_Inc) or (9790AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0.714_Vodafone_Netherlands)  but in blackberry desktop manager i can not add the 9790jalllanguages to applications , only Wireless media is visible

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chickeeen

What OS version are you running on the device ?

The japanese keyboard input is part of the OS firmware and not the desktop manager. You need to download and install the corresponding OS firmware of the first mentioned link.

Once it is installed, you have to remove the vendor.xml file and update the OS firmware of your device. You can not add the input language when only installed on the computer, you need to update the OS firmware of your device.

Please note that for japanese keyboard input language you will need to have an asian OS firmware installed as for example: "9790Asia_PBr7.1.0_rel2102_PL9.16.0.159_A7.1.0.746_Taiwan_Mobile" which you can download by the first link. When updated to this you should be able to install the desired keyboard input.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcmeganck

ok, but how can i update OS  to the one with correct language included

i can not install it with desktop manager and with removing vendor.xml and starting loader.exe i can not select the correct os software .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcmeganck

software version currently installed is  : 7.0 pakket 2254 (v7.0.0.528, platform 9.16.0.57)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chickeeen

Have you downloaded and installed the OS firmware as instructed in this post:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/262286-latest-os-9790-v7-1-0-2...

Summarised:
- Download OS firmware
- Install OS firmware (.exe)
- Remove vendor.xml
- Start Desktop Manager
- Connect Blackberry
- Enter Blackberry password if asked
- In desktop manager, go to Device / Update

When the update dialog shows, make sure to select backup device data before proceeding.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcmeganck

Thanks,

i resolved problem by using BlackBerry_Desktop_501_b084_multilanguage.exe  desktop software and 9790Asia_PBr7.1.0_rel2102_PL9.16.0.159_A7.1.0.746_Taiwan_Mobile.exe and mobile device connected to 3G with blackberry enabled on SIM card, then i could update asia version and install it on device.

anyhow, many thanks for your support !

kind regards,

Marc

Please use plain text.