Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
frenchie_st
My Device: Not Specified

BB Bold 9000 connection problem on a MAC

Hi,

I saw a lot of posts talking about that connection but I didn't find any relevant solution which could help me solving my problem.

I tried to connect my BB Bold 9000 on a MAC using the USB cable but nothing happens as if the MAC didn't detect my Bold. The physical connection seems to work correctly because the Bold receives power from the MAC.

I installed PocketMac and the latest drivers (downloaded from http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp) but PocketMac doesn't see my Bold too.

The Mass Storage Mode is activated on my Bold.

I tried to connect my Bold on a PC using  BB Desktop Manager and the connection works correctly.

I also connected a Blackberry 8320 on my MAC and the connection worked directly. The Blackberry Mass Storage immediately appeared on the creen and then the synchronization worked correctly using PocketMac.

The problem seems to be between the Bold and the MAC. I installed the latest drivers on my MAC but the problem is still there.

Do you have any idea to help me because I really need to be able to synchronize my calendar between my Bold and my MAC.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

François

Visitor
chulotheblackBB

Re: BB Bold 9000 connection problem on a MAC

HI,

Cant find any help on connectivity issues with BOLD 9000 and MACBOOK.

Did you find an answer? 

New Contributor
frenchie_st

No... Sorry... I didn't manage to make it working.
New Contributor
LizWiz

I am having the same issue any problems? I have an OS 10.4.11
New Contributor
ericmai

someone please help!  I have had the same problem.  And I have tried every possibly solution that has been suggested.  I am running the latest version of mac os x and the latest bb firmware.  Mass Media Storage is ON but does nothing.  Works fine with my PC.  PocketMac, doubletwist, and missing sync are all unsuccessful at detecting my device as well.
New Contributor
bonfeinberg

I have brand new MacBook and BB Bold 9000.  Had no problem synching with PocketMac "the first time".  After that it has been sketchy at best.  Either I get errors -- and/or now I have mucho duplicates in my contacts.  It synched with both Ical/contacts as well as Entourage.

Can't imagine why it doesnt recognize your BB.  Did you follow instructions to the letter when setting it up?  It doesn't "show up" like on Desktop Manager -- certainly not the first time.  The PocketMac manual tells you this.  It can be viewed or downloaded when you load application.. 

New Contributor
LizWiz

my service provider is ATT I called their technical support since still within a month then after a long unsucesful conversation with them they were able to transfer me directly to BB support is actually called Reseach in Motion. They have work laborously on my case. Unfortunately seems like I am only run 10.4.11 and can't upgrade that may be my case. but if you just got your phone I strongly reccomend you call your provider. My 1st problem was that it was not even recognizable now I can tell is hooked up but it just won't Synch properly. There will be a new software release soon that "supposed" to fix some of the problems with newer systems. GOOD LUCK, hopefully you got better luck than I do. They are still working on mine!
but they sure are helpful!

nmitsos
My Device: Bold 9700

I have the same problem.  The Mac doesnt see the BB.  Has anyone found a solution?