Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
NdnaJnz
My Device: 8320 Curve

BB DTM 5.01 - What to do with the Application List Screen?

After finally getting DTM 5.01 to recognize both current and new BB devices via USB, using the function to move my data and apps from my Curve 8320 to my new Bold 9700... During the reading of the "current" Curve device, a screen appears showing all the apps (native and 3rd party) installed on the device.  It asks you to select or deselect the apps you want installed on the new device.  If I leave all selected and click the Next button, the same screen reappears after about 1 second.  If I deselect the 3rd party apps, clicking the Next button begins the transfer to the new device.  The problem is, then how do I get the 3rd party apps onto the new phone?

Thanks for any help here.

Jeff

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB DTM 5.01 - What to do with the Application List Screen?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Frankly, the best way to get the apps again is by completely re-obtaining them. It is highly likely that you'll need a totally new version of the apps since you are changing models of BB...often, an app written for one model of app is not compatible with other models and the developer needs to release totally different code for each model BB. So, I'd suggest digging out your original purchase records and going back to the vendor from which you obtained the apps and ask them for what you need -- which would likely also include any authorization codes or keys...those as well likely need to be replaced. Hopefully the sources from which you obtained your apps will be willing to work with you on this.

On the other hand, if you obtained your apps via AppWorld, then to re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

For more registration key information, see this KB:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
NdnaJnz
My Device: 8320 Curve

Re: BB DTM 5.01 - What to do with the Application List Screen?

[ Edited ]

Excellent. Thanks for the link.  I will give it a shot.  And yes, I purchased all my apps via AppWorld - just for this reason.

However, I was pretty sure there was a way to backup your apps using the older BB DTM software, for reinstall after upgrading your device software.

Also, the screen I referenced in the o/p is quite confusing.  It appears you have the choice to select or reject which apps from your "current" device will be moved to your "new" device.  But it does not seem to work that way.

Thanks again,

Jeff