Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
SoxFan670
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

BB Desktop Manager for Mac - First time update, missing contacts and emails

I installed BBDM for my Mac, hooked up the BB Curve 8310 and selected the upgrade.  The phone upgraded okay I guess as far as the software install, but my address book is empty and all the emails are gone.  I am new to BB.  Was I supposed to back this thing up first?  Because there was nothing that said "hey **bleep** back your phone data up before you install this software."  Is all this stuff lost, or do I just need to look someplace for it on the computer or the phone?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BB Desktop Manager for Mac - First time update, missing contacts and emails

I'm not a Mac user and I haven't used the Mac Desktop Manager.  However, usually an automatic backup is made during the process.  Try plugging it back in and opening Desktop Manager and go to Backup/Restore.  Choose Restore and then go to the File menu and see if there is a Loaderbackup-(today's date) file that can be restored back to the device.  My instructions here are for PC Desktop Manager so you may have to vary them slightly to accomodate for the Mac Desktop Manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SoxFan670

I think after checking that it failed to do the initial backup correctly, so I lost everything.  The emails I can do without.  The contacts is really just a pure annoyance.  Off to the phone store to see if they are willing to transfer the contacts from my Samsung to my BB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jagga
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Try taking a look at Address Book on your Mac. See if all your contacts are there.

Also if your samsung is GSM based as well as your BB then save all your contacts to your SIM card (address won't save this way though) and import directly on the BB - I'll bet this is what the store will do.

Lastly check your Desktop Manager sync settings on the Mac. Ensure 2-Way Sync is enabled.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SoxFan670

You were right about the sim card transfer.

Please use plain text.